Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I find more jobs to apply to?

I live in Michigan and we have the highest unemployment rate and the least amount of jobs. I log onto Careerbuilder, Monster, and Hot Jobs daily. I also have pulled lists off of Hoover%26#039;s, Forbes, etc. to use as a guide. I then apply via the company website. I have received calls and a few interviews but the competition is stiff. The feedback I am getting is that available positions with my expertise and qualifications - the recruiters are receiving between 400-600 resumes minimum. How can I make myself stand out? My resume and cover letter are good, and I think my interview skills are pretty good, too. I just haven%26#039;t had enough open positions to apply to and therefore, %26quot;close the deal%26quot;. It%26#039;s so frustrating. Are there any other job boards out there, or is there something else I should be doing? I feel like it is really a numbers gain. The more positions I apply for - the better my chances. Any ideas?? I am getting so frustrated. :(



How can I find more jobs to apply to?care credit





One of the key points that I always taught during job training classes is networking and cold calling. Networking basically is using the relationships that you have and using them to learn of new and potential leads. The vast majority of jobs are not obtained through resumes or applications but through word of mouth. The best way to network is to advertise that you are job seeking and SELL yourself!



For more tips:



http://www.quintcareers.com/networking_g...



http://www.quintcareers.com/networking.h...



Also try cold calling companys and set up an %26quot;informational interview%26quot;. This way you can get your foot in the door. it may not lead you to a job but it can lead you in the direction of a potential job. Remember everyone knows everyone in certain industries.



http://www.handbag.com/careers/careercha...



http://www.careerlinkbc.com/interview01....



http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/11/sto...



How can I find more jobs to apply to?

loan



Have you tried posting your resume on Monster.com?|||Have you tried linkedin? It%26#039;s a networking web site that can help you meet people in the field that you are looking for. It%26#039;s almost a pyramid set up. When you link to a person, you can now take advantage of the links that they have and so on. It%26#039;s a good system. It never hurts to know people in the business to get a resume to the right person in the company you are applying to.|||Looking for a job is really tough..And I would have to suggest that keep on submitting your resume to every company which you think are looking for an applicant. Not all companies posts their vacancies on public board..You%26#039;re right, the more positions you apply for the better your chances of getting the job. Don%26#039;t lose hope, maybe you%26#039;re rocket is just about to come, who knows maybe today or the next day after..



reash - http://www.theeashsyndicate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment