Thursday, August 6, 2009

Whats the fastest was to add points to your credit score?

I applied for a loan through a mortgage broker and was told I need my score to come up ONE point. There is a 4 year old collection (from a cable company when i have had direct tv for 7 years they say its for this address and my name)on there for 75$ that I called about and offered to negotiate but they wouldn%26#039;t and refused to take it off my credit report even if I paid it, the other thing the mortgage broker suggested was that I pay down a credit card to under half the limit, I will do this but how long will it take to show? I could also try another mortgage company but won%26#039;t the added inquiry cost me points? how any points will I gain from paying that 500$ credit card down to under 200$



Whats the fastest was to add points to your credit score?credit repair





I would definitely pay down the credit card balance. But what I would do is split up the payments. Anytime that you make overpayments and or pay more than the minumum payment, that helps your score. Since 30% of your score depends on the ratio of available credit to what your debt is, I%26#039;d suggest paying the CC completely.



Whats the fastest was to add points to your credit score? loan



It is hard to say how many points your score will rise because the no one knows the exact algorithm that the three main credit bureaus use to calculate their scores.



But I would definitely recommend paying down the credit card balances because your debt-to-credit ratio is the second biggest factor in determining your FICO credit score (in the current FICO score model). So the lower the balance, the better off you are.|||Clear your credit card completely, it souled only take days to improve your score. Another way is to get a small loan form your bank, hold it for 2 weeks then pay the whole lot back. The interest will be minimal but will add several points to your score.

No comments:

Post a Comment