Sunday, August 9, 2009

What advice can you offer for someone termianlly ill unable to pay credit cards?

Call the companies and explain the situation. But don%26#039;t worry too much, as far as I%26#039;m aware nobody becomes liable for the debt after death, it will just get written off.



Is there any insurance or payment protection in place? If so then get this sorted asap. It should pay most of the minimum payment each month. Mine kicked in when I lost my job after being fired for severely breaking my arm.



I would say negotiate the smallest possible payment, then use the money saved from these payments to enjoy the last few months of his/her life.



Be blunt when people call. Sorry, I can%26#039;t arrange a long term payment, I%26#039;ll be dead soon. (My apologies if that sounds really harsh, I do know what it%26#039;s like to have to deal with this). If you are blunt enough and %26quot;shocking%26quot; enough, they%26#039;ll get off your case.



(Quite frankly I think it%26#039;s disgusting that incredibly ill people are fired by employers and then chased by creditors. You could just refuse to pay, on principal. What are they going to do? Take you to court? Pick on an terminally ill person? - mini rant - cancer is common in my family!)



CG.



What advice can you offer for someone termianlly ill unable to pay credit cards?credot siosse





call up the card company explain the problem and send in proof if nessacary..some cc companies can waive charges for that reasons.



What advice can you offer for someone termianlly ill unable to pay credit cards? loan



If they are feeling guilty over not being able to pay, try to work with the credit companies... otherwise; why stress on the small stuff when your life is literally limited, I say screw em.... when the bill collectors begin to call, tell them... I%26#039;m sorry I am not able to pay, I%26#039;m dying!.... I bet the calls you get are limited, let the debt be taken care of when you die....it%26#039;s not like the credit card companies are going to come after you.|||Terminally ill? Spend like f@ck! What are they going to do - send bailiffs to heaven/hell?|||declare bancrumpcy i read it in the paper your bills get written off and start fresh the only problem after that you wont get credit or catalogues or anything like that.im only going of what i read|||Pay off their bills and take credit out to pay for their funeral.|||Spend as much as the can and stuff the banks|||Never mind the credit cards,dont give them much thought..You go out in Debt your in front..Enjoy life ,Live up..|||If you are in the UK, infortunately your debts do not die with you, your estate will be liable to pay them off, in the mean time. you must contact the CC company and explain, may be better to do this in writing rather than telephone so that you have evidence of what has been said, try not to use them any more as well, and make some payment on them each month to show willing|||get more cards and spend more money enjoy life now|||if your terminally ill why would you even worry about being able to pay?

No comments:

Post a Comment