Sunday, August 9, 2009

How many people in America do their own house work?

I live in South Africa and about 90% of the middle class people have Domestic Workers (Maids) - who do all our cleaning work etc. Now many may say this is a subtle form of slavery, but if you look at our 40% unemployment rate, they are quite happy to take any work they can and would probably starve if we took the moral high-ground and said %26quot;cleaning houses is too good for them%26quot;



Interested to know how the US compares...?



How many people in America do their own house work?





In the U.S. very few people have maids now. It used to be more common.



In fact what you said reminded me of how it used to be in the South (meaning the southeastern part of USA), up until a few decades ago I think the great majority of middle class Southern people - -especially white people- - had black maids. My aunt was a maid. There is nothing inherently wrong with people having maids or being maids - -it%26#039;s a job. But there can be other issues involved - -for example what I am talking about was at the time when there was a lot of discrimination against black people being able to get %26quot;good%26quot; jobs, so they were in the position of not being able to refuse or protest the extremely low wages they got as domestic workers. Therefore it was easy for average middle class families to afford a maid since it cost so little. ( I%26#039;m not making any inferences from that about your country, since I don%26#039;t know about how things are in South Africa today as far as discrimination. I%26#039;m just sharing what I know of our own history.)



How many people in America do their own house work?

loan



I do my own housework like most people here in Canada.|||I wish I could have someone come in once or twice a month to help with the housework. But what with the cost of rising a family,gas prices, insurance premiums, etc. etc., there is just no way I could pay for it.



I don%26#039;t think there is anything wrong with cleaning things for a living, It is just a job like everything else, it pays the rent.|||just about every one does there own house work, unless you are very well off and can afford it.(maid)...i do my own|||I AM ONE WHO DOES MY OWN HOUSEWORK



I WOULDN%26#039;T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO DO MINE



I ALWAYS WANT TO KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS AND



WHEN I GO THROUGH MY DRAWERS. I BAG CLOTHES FOR THE POOR,



I GIVE AWAY WHAT I DONT WANT BUT WHAT OTHERS MAY WANT ( DONT GIVE AWAY WHAT EVEN THE POOR



DONT WANT?



YES .. I THINK HOUSEWORK IS GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL



IT MAKE YOU HUMBLE AND TAKES AWAY YOU PRIDE OF SELF.



I BELIEVE THAT CLEANING AND HOUSEWORK ARE GREAT



IN BIBLE



%26quot;CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS%26quot;



Cleanliness Next to Godliness? (Acts 9:32鈥?0:23)



HOWEVER , I COMMEND YOU TOO, FOR YOUR DESIRE TO GIVE JOBS TO THOSE IN NEED,, WE NEED PEOPLE WHO GIVE JOBS TO OTHERS .



RE COMPARISON WITH USA/ CHECK OUT STATS



I AM CANADIAN/ OUR STATS WOULD HELP YOU AS YOU WANT USA STATS

No comments:

Post a Comment