Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why can't my intelligent husband, 51 years old find a job after being laid off . . . .?

...by company cutbacks 2 years ago? We live in Oregon. Can all this hype about Oregon having largest unemployment rate be THAT real? I mean, this man is smart and a good worker! Is it possible to find out if somehow something derogotory got accidently placed on his background records? How can we find out?



Why can%26#039;t my intelligent husband, 51 years old find a job after being laid off . . . .?credit counseling





I wish I knew! %26#039;cause I%26#039;m going thru same thing. Actually, I just read your answer to the parrot question %26amp; it really made me laugh. I haven%26#039;t laughed in a while, so



I just wanted to say Thank You!



Why can%26#039;t my intelligent husband, 51 years old find a job after being laid off . . . .?

loan



can he retire?|||I work in HR, I can call his references he gives and see what they are saying....email me and let me know.|||Unfortunately a lot of companies won%26#039;t hire older workers. They can get less experienced younger workers for less money. They seldom want to hire someone for what they are worth. Unfair - but a fact of life. I don%26#039;t know how you can find out about his personnel file. Does he know anyone at the place he used to work? Maybe he could see his personnel file. Won%26#039;t hurt to ask. Hang in there, I am sure he will find something.|||I doubt that his eligibility has anything to do with his background records. I%26#039;ve been unemployed for 5 months and I live in Portland. Yes, the market is in a serious crap-sack... My wife is this close to shooting me... Jack in the Box said I was overqualified... A commute to a Hillsboro office park would kill my paycheck due to rising gas prices. If your old man got laid off %26amp; he%26#039;s 51 years old, you need to give him a lot more time so that he can re-evaluate his value in the professional world. Being smart, able, experienced %26amp; UNEMPLOYED is ******* depressing.|||Successful job search depends largely on a persons networking skill to get interviews. During interview, successful outcome depends largely on how well the applicant comes across as the best person for the job.



From the way you worded, it appears that he had job offers subject to background check? If he has not had job offers yet, avoid chasing red herrings. If he had offers but the offer was withdrawn, then there maybe a case to look into the situation and correct it as soon as possible.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment