Thursday, August 6, 2009

How can people not understand what a debit card is?

I work for a company in over the phone sales. To make a purchase we accept all credit and debit cards as long as they have a logo on them. Almost 1/3 of the people that call in are like %26quot;credit cards are bad, I only use cash%26quot;. Then I have to explain what a debit card is and they still don%26#039;t care. How is carrying around a bunch of cash safer than a debit card. And debit cards are not the same as credit cards, the money is directly linked to your checking account. These same people than offer to give me their check and router numbers. Grrr



How can people not understand what a debit card is?credit rating





I guess you%26#039;ll just have to accept that you%26#039;re much, much smarter than everyone who calls you.



How can people not understand what a debit card is? loan



I guess they never read the instructions, I never use my debit card for purchases, because it charges a fee for each purchase, I use my VISA.|||old-fashioned.



my great great aunt thinks banks take all your money. she kept thousands of dollars in her fireplace, then she had people over and someone thought it would be a good idea to light a fire! thousands, and thousands of dollars gone!|||i know people like that. my parents were like that for a while until i convinced them that they need to get with the times and upgrade! haha. they told me they didn%26#039;t want a debit card because there%26#039;s a chance people can steal your identity, that was the main reason. my parents have credit cards, but they just didnt like the idea of a debit card. once i explained it to them ad how it works, they caved in and use it for simple things like groceries and gas.



i would die without my debit card, i dont know how people cant have one!!|||I read an article that said that younger people are almost exclusively paying in plastic, and more often than not, it%26#039;s with debit cards. I don%26#039;t feel comfortable carrying around a bunch of cash, so I bring my card with me when I go somewhere and maybe a small amount of cash. The people you%26#039;re talking to are older maybe...of maybe it%26#039;s a combination of that and losing faith in the economy (not is not a good time to be in credit card debt) that people only feel comfortable when they can quite literally see/keep track of their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment