Sunday, August 9, 2009

Let me ask for some advice/guidance/words of wisdom?

I graduated from college last May with a Bachlors of Arts. I was a film major, i know not the smartest choice as far as jobs go right?



Anyways i looked for a job like crazy and couldn%26#039;t find one, eventually i started looking for any job i could get. I ended up with my part time cashier job i currently am holding. I%26#039;ve been looking non-stop this whole time, but it seems i cant find ANYTHING. I%26#039;ve went to different job fairs, and resume checking places. The unemployment rate in my area is horrible, but im scared of moving somewhere else without a job lined up in case i dont get anything. I have reached the point where i have no idea what to do. I cant seem to find anything and feel like just giving up. Should i just move? Should i just work at McDonalds? wtf do i do



Let me ask for some advice/guidance/words of wisdom?bad credit loan





In what country do you live??



Let me ask for some advice/guidance/words of wisdom? loan



Hey I%26#039;m in a similar situation. Im finishing off a Bachelor of Visual Art (Photography) and know i will not get employed or continue practising art photography when I graduate.



So my advise is....study a post-grad course which WILL guarantee you a job. You know you will never be totally happy working in crap jobs here and there, plus wasting your Bachelor degree.



Good Luck. We both need it. :)|||I hate hearing about this position, it seems that with very few degrees that having no experience seems to trump the degree for the first few years. I would say that with your degree, interests and with the area that you are living in being dry in the job department that a move may be what you need... I would start looking via the internet for places that offer jobs in your field or a field that you are interested in. If you are young, single and childless have you thought about looking into opportunities out of the country? Sometimes that can offer a good source of experience and is easier to find since so few people are willing to travel. I would say that you are qualified beyond being a McDonald%26#039;s employee and that I would network to see what other opportunities are avialble in other cities/states/countries. You know you can get another job at a McDonalds so why not try for something better somewhere else? Best wishes on your job hunt!|||I always tell people to not go on with the %26quot;what ifs?%26quot;



When you get older and look back there will always be something that we will recall and say, what if I would have done this or that? I believe that we should try to achieve our highest. That often times means stepping out of our comfort zone. Stepping into the unfamiliar and experiencing new things. Sounds like your in your comfort zone but not as happy as you think you should be. Often times people don%26#039;t leave their comfort zone because it is friends and relatives that pressure them into staying in their comfort zone. If you go to another town or country, it doesn%26#039;t mean you care any less for those people. You need to do some things for yourself, your family, your career. Take an adventure. What%26#039;s the risk? You can get a cashier job in most any city. That%26#039;s a job you know. It%26#039;s reality. If you needed a job when you move to another city, you could be a cashier if you don%26#039;t get another job right off the bat. Meeting new people and being in a new atmosphere is energetic. You will probably get home sick in about 3-4 weeks once you arrive somewhere new. After that you usually do fine. What have you got to lose? No matter what happens you win. You tried. You want it to be better. Make it better. It%26#039;s your free will. Now, go and succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment