Sunday, August 9, 2009

My 0% balance transfer card is about to expire. How long should I wait to apply for another 0% card?

Currently, I have 6 credit cards: Nordstrom, Citibank, Amax Blue, Nordstrom, Capitalone, HSBC.



Nordstrom and Citibank: everyday purchase and pay off statement balance every month on time.



Capitalone: card for cash advance since they mail me checks every month, I just deposit most of the balance into my bank account and pay them off statement balance every month as well.



Amax Blue: 0% intro interest expired Jan 2008. Since then, I rarely use this card. I have under $80 charges monthly, and pay off every month on time.



HSBC: my 0% interest rate is expiring in June, just got this card in Dec 2007. I carry a high balance all 5 months and pay on time, never late, and will pay off statement balance at the last month of 0% offer.



Here%26#039;s the question: When should I wait to apply for another 0% credit card? I%26#039;m planning on using husband and my credit back and forth to apply for 0% card. How long should each person wait to apply for one? When should I cancel after the 0% expires?



My 0% balance transfer card is about to expire. How long should I wait to apply for another 0% card?tax credit





You should consider applying for a low fixed apr credit card, so that you can avoid continually applying for new cards every 6 - 12 months. The interest rate won%26#039;t be 0% but you can get a card with a pretty low ongoing rate of 7,8 or 9% if your credit is decent.



My 0% balance transfer card is about to expire. How long should I wait to apply for another 0% card? loan



I would avoid applying for 0% interest rate credit cards.



If you constantly apply for credit cards, it reflects badly on your credit file. Lenders see it as you looking desperate for cash and will be less likely to approve you for finance in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment